Midwest & More Road Trip Discussion (On the Road)

Discussions and Questions about Land Destinations, Hotels, Ports, and More.
HostDave
Site Admin

Re: Midwest & More Road Trip Discussion (On the Road)

Postby HostDave » Tue May 08, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't have the newest one (mine is silver, new ones are white), so I suppose there is a chance they've fixed it. I also have the desktop version for receipts and it doesn't scan straight either.

Marybeth

Postby Marybeth » Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Boy your trip is going quickly. I'm enjoying your reports,especially the menu scans. Thanks for doing this for us.

HostDave
Site Admin

Postby HostDave » Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 pm

I have posted all of the photos from the train trip up to St. Louis in the Photo Gallery. Over 600 pictures! More to come when I have some down time.

Marybeth

Postby Marybeth » Sat May 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I chuckled when I read about the lady thinking you two were twins. Just like all of your trips. :) I can't wait to read about your Roswell adventures.

HostDave
Site Admin

Postby HostDave » Sat May 12, 2012 7:36 pm

That is only the second time this trip someone has said that, so not nearly as often as usual. But, it is the first time someone eventually figured out what the actual relationship is. Nobody has ever come close to guessing it. This woman said, "I guess you do start to look alike when you've been together for a long time." Good guess, honey!

HostDave
Site Admin

Postby HostDave » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

By the way, Roswell is actually very nice! People are very friendly, but quirky. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. Lots of restaurants to choose from here, too. Compared to Amarillo, this place is like Paris.

YFlower

Postby YFlower » Wed May 16, 2012 4:52 am

Thanks for the wonderful report on Roswell and Carlsbad Caverns!!! I have been looking forward to it, as it was a memorable part of a family road trip 40 years ago. I don't recall the whole alien thing in Roswell, but I still recall the caverns. We also did the bat flyout at dusk thing, which as a tween girl really creeped me out, though my brothers loved it.

Marybeth

Postby Marybeth » Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I've loved reading your reports about Tombstone. We were there in the mid 70's and it sounds like it is basically the same. I remember how hot it was out at Boot Hill. Thanks fort he memories.

Marybeth

Postby Marybeth » Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 am

You guys have had more good meals this trip. There were many that I was salivating reading the descriptions/menus. Is that unusual for a road trip of this length? Are restaurants getting better in general?

HostDave
Site Admin

Postby HostDave » Wed May 23, 2012 4:10 pm

I totally agree we've had much better food this trip and for lower prices than before. I guess it has more to do with the route we traveled than anything else. I recall having a $65 meal at a Chilis during the Yellowstone trip, which is ridiculous. We were more off the beaten path this time perhaps. Both dinners in Tucson were the best food we've had anywhere in a long time. Could be that the poor economy has weeded out a lot of the marginal places, too, so only the better ones remain. Anyway, we've had some good food this month. Tomorrow I have to start cooking again!

Return to “Road Trips & Land Destinations”