Azamara Club Cruises Restores Popular Loyalty Perks

News, Discussions and Questions
HostDave
Site Admin

Azamara Club Cruises Restores Popular Loyalty Perks

Postby HostDave » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:11 pm

After receiving complaints from customers, Azamara Club Cruises has reinstated several perks to its loyalty program, including free laundry and free Internet.

The announcement was made on the Le Club Voyage section of the Azamara website. Noted as "back by popular demand," the restored perks include between 30 to 150 free Internet minutes, distributed by member level. Passengers who have earned Explorer status or above will continue to receive one free bag of laundry per stateroom, per seven-night voyage.

These perks had been dumped from the program on September 1, for voyages departing on or after January 1, 2015, in favor of a new system, which gave passengers an opportunity to earn complimentary nights. The revised Le Club Voyage program also added a shore side Le Club Voyage Ambassador for members between sailings.

Passengers complained bitterly about the loss of laundry and Internet minutes, as well as the welcome bottle of sparkling wine. "Those were two of the factors that kept me coming back to Azamara," said one.

"I would rather have my free laundry and internet minutes that I can enjoy now, and on every cruise, than accumulate points that I may or may not be able to use at some future date," lamented another.

Azamara President and CEO Larry Pimentel, known for his social media savvy, responded to the complaints, promising that other "material enhancements" would be announced by October 9.

"I view the boards frequently and participate in social media to a greater degree than most in my position," Pimentel said in the statement. "I may not always agree, but I do listen .... We also reviewed program benefits and found very useful notions you provided about singles, suite guests and too much distance between the Discover Plus level and the Discover Platinum level. We will make changes in these areas."

Restoring the benefits elicited good will toward the line on the forums. "Well done, Azamara, in returning to the table with a blend of old and new that provides one of the most comprehensive loyalty schemes.".

Return to “Azamara Club Cruises”